© 2013 Daily Tennis News Wire -
Auckland, New Zealand
December 31, 2012-January 5, 2013
Results - Saturday, January 5, 2013
Singles - Final
(1) Agnieszka Radwanska (POL) d. (3) Yanina Wickmayer (BEL) 64 64
Doubles - Final
Black/Rodionova (ZIM/AUS) d. (1) Goerges/Shvedova (GER/KAZ) 26 62 105 (Match TB)
- Radwanska wins the 11th title of her career.
- Radwanska's win-loss record in finals now stands at 11-4, and 8-3 in hardcourt finals.
- Radwanska did not drop a set en route to the title, although she did require two tie-breaks to see off Hampton in the semifinals.
- Radwanska improves to 2-1 head-to-head against Wickmayer.
- Wickmayer falls to 3-6 in WTA finals.
- Black and Rodionova win their first WTA title together; Black now has 55 career titles to her name, while Rodionova has five.
Agnieszka Radwanska: "I couldn't imagine a better start to the year. I'm very happy. I really like this tournament. It's my first time here and everything was very good. I had a great week here so hopefully I can come back. I didn't even drop a set."
Yanina Wickmayer: "She doesn't give you anything. You have to work for every ball. If you make mistakes too early you will lose pretty bad."