© 2013 Daily Tennis News Wire -
BNP Paribas Open
Indian Wells, U.S.A.
RESULTS - SUNDAY, 17 MARCH, 2013
Singles - Final
 R Nadal (ESP) d  J Del Potro (ARG) 46 63 64
FINAL REVIEW – NADAL MAKES MASTERS 1000 HISTORY; NOTCHES 600TH WIN
• Fifth seed Rafael Nadal won a record-breaking 22nd ATP World Tour Masters 1000 crown and celebrated his third triumph in Indian Wells.
• In defeating del Potro, Nadal joined Roger Federer as the only active players to reach 600 match wins.
• With a 17-1 record in 2013, Nadal has posted his best season start, winning three consecutive trophies.
• Nadal improved to a 53-22 record in tour-level finals.
• Del Potro was contesting his second ATP World Tour Masters 1000 final (Montreal 2009).
WHAT THE PLAYERS SAID
Rafael Nadal: "A lot of things happened the last seven months, [so] to be back here and to have this very heavy trophy with me is amazing. Beating three Top 10 players and winning a title like this is just something unbelievable for me. I'm very, very happy and very emotional."
"When you have one comeback like I'm having, you remember all the low things, the lower moments that you had during the seven months. Hopefully I passed and can just remember all the people that really helped me a lot during all this time."
Juan Martin del Potro: "I think Rafa deserved to win. The last hour of the match, he played so solid and put me so far [from] the baseline and made winners. But I think I [had] a good tournament anyway, and Rafa played really well today in the second and third sets. He broke me early in the third. Playing against him when the score is down is tougher. I was fighting all the time but he won in the end."