HUNGARIAN GRAND PRIX
July 8-14, 2013
Sunday, July 14, 2013
Singles - Final
(3) Simona Halep (ROU) d.
Yvonne Meusburger (AUT) 63 67(7) 61
(1) Hlavackova/Hradecka (CZE/CZE) d.
Bratchikova/Tatishvili (RUS/GEO) 64 61
- Halep wins the third title of her career, all of which
have come in 2013; the other two came in June, in
Nürnberg and 's-Hertogenbosch.
- Halep's win-loss record in finals now stands at 3-3;
aside from 's-Hertogenbosch, all of her final
appearances have come on clay.
- Halep is the fourth Romanian to win three or more WTA
titles, after Ruzici (twelve), Spirlea (four), Dragomir
- Halep improves to 3-1 head-to-head against Meusburger.
- Meusburger falls to 0-2 in WTA finals; her previous
final came in Bad Gastein in 2007.
- Hlavackova and Hradecka win their 10th WTA title
together; Hlavackova now has 13 career titles to her
name, while Hradecka has 16.
"It was an amazing match. Yvonne played really well. I
had match points in the second set and she came back,
and it was very difficult to win after that but I did
and I'm very happy. It's a fantastic feeling to win my
third WTA title of the year. I just believed in my
chances and I've taken them. I'm really enjoying my game
right now. I hope that I can keep winning."
"I think Simona and I played a really good match
today. It was a great atmosphere to play here. The
people were really great and they were helping us both
during the match, I think. But at the end she was just
better and she really deserved to win the title today.
I'm still happy, because I played a really good
tournament. I'm only taking positive things with me from
here. I'm really happy how this tournament ended and I'm
looking forward to the next one."